In this post I will show you how to install Apache on Ubuntu 12.10 using the apt-get command and using the Software Center. This is just to show you how to install Apache, I will be writing a post on how to setup a LAMP server later on today.
Install Apache On Ubuntu Using Terminal
You can use the following command in your terminal (you can use CTRL+ALT+T to open a fresh terminal) to install Apache on Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install apache2
Install Apache On Ubuntu Using Software Center
If you would rather not use the terminal you can open up the Ubuntu Software Center and search for Apache2.
After you have finished this you might have to start the Apache service you can do this by typing the following command into your Terminal. If you want to see the files on your web server you can do this by visiting /var/www/ and you can connect to your server by visiting http://127.0.0.1/
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start
I hope this has helped you get Apache running on Ubuntu, please don’t forget to share/like/plus-one! Thanks!
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu apache install
- ubunto how to install apache 5 4
- start apache ubuntu terminal
- setup apache on ubuntu 12
- installing apache on ubuntu
- instal apache office 4 0 1 in ubuntu 13 10
- how to install apache2 ubuntu
- how to install apache2 in ubuntu software center
- how to install apache2 in terminal
- how to install apache patternlab ubuntu